Read Carefully through the following Sections to find out if an at-home sleep study is right for you!
You Qualify for a Home Sleep Study if you have the following:
- If someone has witnessed you possibly stop breathing during sleep.
- Excessive daytime sleepiness that interferes with daily activities and by Epworth Sleepiness Scale greater than 10
- Inappropriate napping – while driving, during the conversation
- Snoring, gasping/choking episodes during sleep
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Obesity – defined as a body mass index greater than 30 Kg/m2
- Increase neck circumference – greater than 17 inches in men, greater than 16 inches in women
- History of a stroke/transient ischemic attack (greater than 30 days previously)
- History of heart disease
- Cardiac arrhythmia – including atrial fibrillation
- To assess the efficacy of surgery – such after removal of adenoids/tonsils
- To assess the efficacy of an oral appliance used to treat OSA
- To re-evaluate the diagnosis of OSA – previous history of OSA, after significant weight loss
You Do NOT Qualify for a Home Sleep Study if you have the following:
- Younger than 18 years of age
- Moderate or severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Moderate or severe congestion heart failure (CHF)
- Cognitive impairment – inability to follow simple instructions
- Physical impairments – inability to apply the home sleep testing equipment
- If you have a suspected diagnosis of any of the following:
- Central sleep apnea
- Periodic limb movement disorder
- Idiopathic hypersomnia
- Parasomnia (unusual behaviors during sleep)
- Nocturnal seizures
- 2 unsuccessful previous home sleep studies
- Requiring oxygen during sleep
- History of stroke within 30 days
- Chronic narcotic/pain medication use
- Body mass index greater than 45 kg/m2
- Established diagnosis of obesity hypoventilation syndrome
Start by Requesting an Appointment.
After Confirmation, You will be contacted to confirm appointment and fill out forms.
You must fill out ALL forms before your initial visit.
Schedule an Appointment with Dr. Davis
- Sleep apnea consultation
- Follow up on sleep study results
- Discussion on alternative therapies for the management of obstructive sleep apnea
- Inspire consultation for more information on this treatment for obstructive sleep apnea
- PAP compliance visit to satisfy insurance requirements
- Insomnia management
- Restless leg syndrome
- And more… JUST ASK!